Website Apply to:
- Top 3 brand in the country
- FMCG/Agribusiness sectors
- Diverse, ASX listed Corporation
Summary: Accept a potentially life changing experience as leader of this iconic food brand in Papua New Guinea.
Job Description: As the CEO of this company you will be taking over the leadership of more than just a local employer in this country. You will assume the responsibility of a company that provides crucial food products to the people of Papua New Guinea. It is more than just a supporter of PNG culture, it drives the development and growth of this proud country through it’s support of local charities and sponsorship of key events. It is an employer of 1,000 residents and in partnership with Head Office in Australia, is committed to developing the skills and knowledge of all Papua New Guineans. Needless to say, you will be taking on a significant responsibility.
The company is a substantial contributor to the financial success of this organisation worldwide. PNG, like much of the Pacific is experiencing its own, unique struggles and this role will allow you to use all your skills and experience to continue year on year growth. Your focus will be PNG specifically, however opportunities for you within the group will certainly exist in the longer term.
Some of the key qualities of this leader that my client requires and why they are so important are;
- Most that do business in PNG see 2020 being another challenging year commercially, with potentially 2021 the beginning of the resurgence. Therefore, a CEO with strong sales and marketing management experience is preferred, in order to drive market share.
- Prior experience in emerging markets will be well received, simply to assist you in your ability to settle in quickly whilst managing all the other challenges that will come your way.
- Board or general management experience in preferably a blue-chip company will also help you greatly. Your reporting line will be back to the parent company in Australia.
- You will inherit one of the strongest leadership teams in the Group, and they will welcome the energy, enthusiasm and leadership skill that you will bring to the position. As an expatriate in PNG your responsibility is to drive a culture of training and development, at all levels.
- You will be relationship driven and will be expected to lead relationships with external partners including customers, suppliers, Government of PNG and statutory bodies.
- Your international experience will ensure you bring a high level of cultural intelligence to this role.
- This company operates in the foods/FMCG/manufacturing sectors. Your broad experience across all relevant divisions, including supply chain, finance, safety, HR, operations will help in your ability to work with the leadership team.
This position will be residential status. You will split your time between Lae and Port Moresby primarily, as well as monthly responsibilities at H/O in Australia. Our client of course would like the strongest candidate for the role and hence will consider people from any geographical location however you will be expected to be based in PNG. Living and working in places like this can be a challenge on you and your family, however they can also be extremely rewarding. We hope you will extend your research past the internet when considering this role. An attractive salary package and benefits will be offered the successful individual.
To apply, please do so through this site, and for further discussion, contact Mark Turner on +61 401 404 451 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.