Website Apply to:
- Iconic agriculture business
- Diverse product range
- Great opportunity to lead
Summary: Come and lead this diverse and historic FMCG business in Lae, PNG. We require strong agricultural experience ideally from an emerging market.
Job Description: It will be obvious to most who this organisation is because PNG is a small market, but for those not from this amazing country, they are one of the main producers of stock feed and flour and also a major contributor to the poultry industry for all Papua New Guineans, through a fully integrated poultry business. Other valuable revenue streams for the group are in petroleum sales, property and manufacturing.
As CEO for the company you will be responsible for end to end management of the businesses for the betterment of the customers, staff, investors and landowners associated with the Group. The brands owned are household names for all Papua New Guineans. You will work closely with the Board in driving the strategic direction of the company and leading the management team to ensure financial targets are met.
Some of the key qualities for this person and why they care required are listed here;
- Papua New Guinea, like many emerging markets suits leaders that manage from the ground up. You will have approximately 2000 staff across 5 business units and they will all benefit from your hands-on approach to developing their skills. This is not a position for a person that retires to the comfort of their office every day.
- Core to the success of the Group is their agricultural foundations. We require a CEO with strong ties to the land. Poultry experience is not essential, but certainly an advantage.
- We do require an experienced CEO or General Manager for this position. Your prior experience dealing with Boards and external investors will help you to implement the business plan you have played a key role in writing.
- The Board does not require experience in PNG for this role. If you have agri-business experience, then you will be familiar with remote locations. PNG suits worldly people that have worked with varying cultures and nationalities.
- Transition management will be a valuable skill for this CEO. The company has had a somewhat tumultuous 12 months and you will be walking into a new environment for all staff. The benefit of this is that the slate is clean, and you can build the culture as you see fit.
In summary, this is a CEO position of a 50 year old agricultural producer, with other business units to consider. The primary location is Lae and that is where you will call home for this residential status position. You will be rewarded with a salary and benefits befitting a position of this scale. It would no doubt be an amazing experience that you will look back on fondly in years to come. For a more detailed discussion about the role please call Mark Turner on +61 401404451 and email your CV in confidence to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.