Website Apply to:
- Trading/FMCG sector
- Residential status position
- Exciting growth opportunities
Summary: Incredible new position with this agri-business food trading company. Skilled commercially minded FCs please apply.
Job Description: This crucial senior management position is open to expatriates and Papua New Guineans alike. Our client, a local PNG company is simply after the accountant with the most relevant skill set for the role and the strongest cultural fit for this fast paced, progressive business.
It is exciting times for them as they continue on their recent growth strategy. You will be reporting to the CEO and there is extensive work required to fine tune financial reporting, governance and procedures. You will have a small team reporting to you at this stage, but you will be recruiting in the near future.
Some of the most critical duties and responsibilities are;
- Ensuring that effective key financial controls are in place.
- Showing skilled leadership of your team and facilitating their own skill growth through training and mentoring.
- Accounting oversight and ensuring the accuracy and hygiene of the financial statements.
- Compliance with local statutory requirements company policies.
- Proactive risk management, ensuring that in-market risks are managed.
- Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally.
The role requires an experienced finance professional, CA/CPA qualified with staff management experience of at least mid-management level and ideally remote location work experience. Prior experience with ERP systems and modern technology in general will be well regarded.
Working in Papua New Guinea is best suited to people that are not bound by their job description and who enjoy getting into their day and making things happen. The CEO will appreciate your ability to be across all areas of back-office operations and keeping your finger on the pulse of market and business changes in the region.
We suggest you do your research on living and working in the PNG before applying if you do not have experience in the country. Like all of the Pacific, it has its beauty, it also has its challenges. I am happy to talk to you further about those. You can reach Mark Turner on +61 401404451 or email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.