Website Apply to:
- International freight and logistics company
- Highly successful and growing business
- Full residential package
Summary: Great opportunity to develop your international freight career with a leading forwarder in Papua New Guinea.
Job Description: Our client is a family-owned international freight business with a dynamic attitude, that values their people, their safety and the environment. Recognised as innovative leaders in their field, they deliver quality in customer service, corporate social responsibility, and a workplace culture where people choose to stay.
We are looking for a professional who has a broad level of front line freight forwarding management experience who is an honest and reliable self starter. This person must also be prepared to strive for operational efficiencies and is happy with working as part of a small and dynamic team.
In order to be successful as a Freight Forwarding Manager in the Port Moresby branch, this person must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5 years customs or freight forwarding experience
- Proven experience in leading a team within your field of expertise
- Have a proven safety record
- Good computer skills
- Problem solving and people management skills
- Excellent customer service and some sales experience
- Experience in customs and quarantine compliance
Duties will include:
- Leading and managing the freight forwarding team
- Allocating and monitoring import and export jobs to Brokers and the Customer Service Team
- Weekly and monthly customer visits
- Troubleshooting Import and export Customs and Quarantine formalities both internally and for the company’s customers
- Liaising regularly with other departments as well as PNG Customs and Quarantine
- Generating new business
- Generating and working to department budgets and monitoring debtors including disbursement accounts
- Other duties as requested by management from time to time
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.