Website Apply to:
- Shipping and Ports sector
- Crucial expatriate role
- Residential status position, travel involved.
Summary: A skilled auto electrician from a port environment working with heavy machinery in this field is required to drive the workshops for this company.
Job Description: We are reaching out to skilled heavy equipment auto electricians that are after a different experience. In this role you will be joining one of Papua New Guinea’s premier stevedoring and port handling facilities companies. The role requires electrical experience working with port related heavy machinery such as top lifters and cranes. A snapshot of some of the key aspects of this role are;
- Work closely with local staff providing leadership and expertise in the auto electrical workshop.
- Facilitate the repair, maintenance, and general services accordingly to company’s requirements.
- Providing oversight and support to management across HSSE & Quality areas
- Assist with input regarding maximising operational efficiencies across areas of the workshop
- Be proactive in providing training and coaching to local team members when required.
Our client is open to considering all CVs of qualified and skilled electricians from this field. Cultural fit will be crucial. Whilst you will not be officially responsible for the day-to-day management of staff, you will be a leader with the type of personality that wants to see their teammates doing well and advancing their skills. Specific qualities we require are;
- Heavy Equipment Auto Electrical Trade qualification – Certificate III in Auto Electrical Technology
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical / electronic components in the materials handling and construction industries
- General knowledge of lifting and transport trucking equipment
- Proficient in technology and computers and able to work and diagnosis CAMBUS communication systems.
- High Risk Work Licence – Forklift class and WP class
This position will see you traveling to the various ports around PNG, which will be an incredible experience and a part of this role unlike any you will have in a major city. Your home residence will be in the town of Lae. If you don’t have experience with PNG, I am happy to talk through what you can expect. There will be an attractive salary band on offer for this role, depending on your experience, with expatriate benefits such as accommodation, vehicle, leave travel added to the salary. Please email your CV to Mark on email@example.com and to discuss further, call on +61 401 404 451.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.