Website Apply to:
- Leading PNG employer
- Growing business
- Residential expatriate package
Summary: A leading PNG freight business is looking for a dynamic and hands on Transport Manager to be responsible for the operations in Lae.
- Do you want to work in a diverse and Dynamic environment?
- Do you want to join an Organisation that is a leading innovator in the International Freight Industry?
- Have you got the drive to play a role in leading our business into the future?
Our client is a family–owned International freight business with a dynamic attitude, that values their people, their safety and the environment. Recognised as innovative leaders in their field, they deliver quality in customer service, corporate social responsibility, and a workplace culture where people choose to stay.
Who are you? You are a professional who has a broad level of logistics experience and supervisory skills. You are an honest, reliable self-starter who is prepared to strive for operational efficiencies and is happy with working as part of a committed team.
In order to be successful as the Transport Manager at the Lae Branch, you will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5 year’s logistics, transport experience
- Proven experience in management roles
- Have a proven safety record
- Good Computer skills
- Problem solving and people management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Oversee the scheduling allocating of fleet
- Work with the workshop to ensure all vehicles serviced on time
- Managing Truck drivers
- Customer visits
- Liaising regularly with other departments
- Filling in for Container Yard and Logistics Manager when absent
- Other duties as requested by management from time to time
The following skills are desirable, however not essential
- Customs and quarantine compliance
- Dangerous Goods Transport experience
- Wharf cartage experience
- Exposure to international Freight sector
What are your rewards? You will be given the opportunity to develop your management career in the Transport Industry, and receive a very competitive rate of pay. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a flexible, innovative and safe workplace. This is a residential position based in Lae, Papua New Guinea, the successful candidate will be provided with accommodation and a fully maintained company vehicle.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your CV to Scott Craig of Podium at email@example.com or if you have any questions, Scott can be contacted on +61 (0) 402 913 294.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.