Website Apply to:
- Leading international logistics company
- Growing business = career growth
- Full residential expatriate package
Summary: Leading international logistics company in PNG is looking for a Warehouse & Distribution Manager for their operation in Port Moresby.
Job Description: Our client is a family-owned international logistics business who are recognised as innovative leaders in their field. They pride themselves on delivering quality in customer service, corporate social responsibility, and providing a positive workplace culture.
We are looking for a professional who has a broad level of front line warehousing and distribution experience to look after their 3PL operation in Port Moresby.
Ideally your experience to date will have included 3PL contract account management where you have interfaced with key clients and you have also built upon your operational management and continuous improvement
skills to reduce cost and increase efficiencies.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Managing the total operation of storage, distribution and admin for the distribution centre and warehouses
- Management of picking, checking, and warehousing efficiencies
- Management of inventory including weekly cycle counts and monthly stock takes
- Management of loss control, shrinkage, damages and QA
- Management of Pallets
- Designing, implementing and managing procedures aligned with the DCs contractual KPIs
- Ensuring all KPI’s are aligned to the Distribution Centre strategic indicators
- Introducing key performance area’s in the warehouse, and daily KPI’s measured and updated
- Maintaining Health & Safety standards
- Ensuring routing and distribution efficiencies are managed to the highest level
- Asset control and management – vehicles, IT and racking
- Appropriate storing and delivery of cargo according to the frequency of their movement (FIFO Analysis).
- Manage a team of professionals and warehouse staff and set their objectives including performance appraisals and feedback.
- Liaising with imports and transport departments to ensure that goods are cleared and delivered in a timely manner in all company locations
- Updating customers about the shortages and damages in shipment and deliveries if and when they arise
- Scheduling of drivers and vehicles
- Ensuring proper implementation and adherence of security systems and access controls
The successful applicant will have previous management experience within a large Distribution Centre ideally within FMCG or retail, and has successfully managed a large team. An advanced level of computer literacy including Excel and Word coupled with a high level written and verbal communication skills are also required. Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel or of living and working in Asia or the Pacific or other developing markets is not essential but will be highly advantageous.
This is a residential position offering a competitive salary and benefits including a fully expensed vehicle, accommodation, bonus, healthcare and fantastic career development.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your CV to Scott Craig of Podium at email@example.com or if you have any questions, Scott can be contacted on +61 (0) 402 913 294.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.