Website Apply to:
- Leading transport and logistics company
- Growing business
- Well established company
Summary: Leading transport and logistics company in PNG is seeking a Workshop Manager to oversee the repair and maintenance of their fleet and machinery.
A leading transport and logistics business that values their people are looking for a Workshop Manager to lead a team of mechanics servicing and repairing heavy and light vehicles. This company is a leader in customer service, corporate social responsibility, and have developed a workplace culture where their people continue to learn and choose to stay.
Based in Lae and reporting to the Group Workshop Manager, this person must be dynamic, hands on and professional with a trade qualification in diesel fitting or automotive. They must also be an honest and reliable self-starter who is prepared to strive for operational efficiencies and is able to impart their knowledge and skills on the team.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance
- Leading a small team
- Dealing with suppliers and controlling inventory and spare parts
- Planning works schedules and projects
- Working closely with operations department
- Repairs and maintenance of facilities when required
To secure this role you must have:
- Experience in supervising a busy workshop.
- Proven experience in diesel engineering including flywheel and crankshaft repairs, cylinder machining, hydraulic repairs and light and heavy automotive.
- Good problem solving and man management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A strong safety record
- Good computer skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your CV to Scott Craig of Podium at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions, Scott can be contacted on +61 (0) 402 913 294.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.