Website Apply to:
- International Logistics company
- Large team
- Full expatriate package
Summary: Leading international transport & logistics company in PNG is seeking a Workshop Manager to oversee the repair and maintenance of their fleet.
Job Description: A leading international transport and logistics business are looking for a Workshop Manager to lead the team in Lae. This company is a leader in customer service, corporate social responsibility, and have developed a workplace culture where their people continue to learn and develop.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Workshop Manager will be responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day-to-day operations for all company-owned plant and machinery including heavy equipment management.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Manage maintenance and repairs in and out of the workshop.
- Manage all levels of servicing, maintenance and repairs of all trucks, light fleet, lifting equipment and mobile plant.
- Capable of following the repair process from fault analysis to completion as well as supervising and guiding others.
- Manage a team of supervisors, mechanics, inventory and administration staff which includes safety, performance and conformance monitoring.
- Prioritise and delegate work within the team.
- Manage and control the stock of supplies and order.
- Carry out general maintenance and repairs across the site.
- Liaise with suppliers, source parts and compare prices.
- Ensure teams conduct daily toolbox talks prior to work commencement to prioritise work.
- Training new and existing staff and providing opportunities for existing staff where possible.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have worked in a similar position overseas with exposure to the transport sector. Previous experience with heavy forklift, reach stacker and side lifter maintenance is essential as is a relevant trade qualification. Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs along with strong analytical, communication and inter-personal skills with administrative competence are also vital for this role.
A full residential expat package is being offered for this position including generous salary, accommodation, vehicle, medical insurance, return flights and annual leave and club membership.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your CV to Scott Craig of Podium at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions, Scott can be contacted on 0402 913 294.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.