Website Apply to:
- Global logistics company
- Growing PNG resources sector
- Full residential expat package
Summary: Join this global logistics company looking after complex resource projects in PNG. Port Moresby based with full residential expat benefits.
Job Description: Are you a customer focussed, logistics specialist and strong leader looking for a new challenge in 2024?
We are looking for an Operations Manager for a leading, global freight provider who specialise in sectors including mining & resources, and oil & gas. This exciting opportunity will be based in Port Moresby looking after operations in the growing and challenging PNG market.
Reporting to the Country MD, the Operations Manager is responsible and accountable for:
- Managing all staff within the PNG Operations.
- Working closely with the Australian senior management to promote and develop the business nationally and internationally.
- Identifying new markets and opportunities within the PNG market.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with new and existing clients and vendors.
- Assist in managing the overall profit and loss of all PNG costs centres.
- Providing support to management and team leaders undertaking operational cargo movements via air, sea and road freight.
- Providing support and engagement to the QHSE Director, ensuring all QHSE policies and procedures are followed.
- Providing support and engagement with the HR & Training Coordinator.
- Providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to all staff.
In order to be considered for this role, you will ideally have worked in PNG or another developing market. You must have previous operational management experience and have the ability to drive, develop and motivate team members. You must also have strong financial expertise and have worked in a project logistics or freight forwarding environment and have knowledge of general freight forwarding, breakbulk, heavy lift, over-dimensional and special project cargoes within Oil & Gas operations.
This is a residential position residing in Port Moresby and an attractive salary and benefits package is on offer including housing, vehicle, medical insurance, club membership and flight allowance.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your CV to Scott Craig of Podium at email@example.com or if you have any questions, Scott can be contacted on 0402 913 294.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.